New Year, New Goals
The New Year is coming District H Community. This means we have a fresh start for new goals and become a better version of ourselves.
It’s a moment to start thinking about what things to improve upon Nutrition, Skills, Strength, Conditioning, Personal and Mentally. For example, for skills, think about a movement that you consider difficult to do (Double Unders, Overhead Squats, Pull-ups, etc.) and try to work on it. Overall, once you have figured out what is that you need to work on, begin taking the steps to fix it.
Let’s discuss how to take those steps and set those goals. We would like you to begin with 3 goals for the year; they could be fitness or personal, anything that you would like to accomplish this new year.
These goals should be “SMART”:
- Specific: “ I want to be strong“, ”I want to be fit”, “I want to be healthy “ Fitness, Looks, being Strong and Feelings are relative and aren’t measurable. How can we measure that goal?
- Measurable: I would like to do this goal by? Example “I want to be able to do 5 pull-ups by May 4th. Let us help you create a path for you to achieve your goal.
- Attainable: I would love to be 6’5” that’s also Un- Attainable. We need to have a goal that we can reach. You also need a plan to get there.
- Realistic: now that I have that goal is it realistic? I wont be able to run a mile in 4 mins by next month but I can start beating my best run by seconds, even minutes. In addition think of what kind of commitment is needed for this goal? Attending classes 5 times a week is great and will help but will I need extra time to achieve this goal? Am I committed to see it through?
- Timely: By when? Again be realistic, next week is not a good time frame.
Over the next couple of days we’ll be having our goal setting Day. We want all of us to start working on what we want to get better at and how can we help.
Questions? Just ask any of our coaches, we are here to help and would love to be a part of this process with you
2018 12 04